HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 03:23 PM
QuanticoKidd
Fork Horn

Yeah I don't shoot anything small in this spot becuase one it a real long walk and two I see to many deer and one day a big buck has to come through with does or strolling this spot is very secluded and you would never even imagine there is many deer there becuase it is not that many acres plus it boreders private property a big creek devide the areas I did not get a chance to hunt the spot during the rut last year but I first hunted it on Nov 27th and I saw 3 does and 2 bucks a 4 pointer and a nice young 6 pointer but I passed on both of them I use to shoot them but I want to take more mature bucks and I have to be patient plus this area for some reason everytime does come in there from one section to the other they bed down like 3 yards from me like I said I think this is like a doe "safe" zone and the buck sign I saw was from the rut last year when I first hunted it on Nov 27th the rub I saw this past weekend was a decsent size I'm sure it was a semi mature buck probably a 2 or 3 year old.

There was a rub on the old logging road last year that was on a pine tree about 9 inches around and it was torn up the buck that did that had to be big enuff to fit his rack around each side and it had two dustenctive brow marks in pine also I'm not really sure but I will see this year I'm going to bow hunt it a few times I would love to come across a big buck and be able to key in on him and harvest him this year