HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
QuanticoKidd
Fork Horn

Okay very good info BIKEMAN, I will take that info into my scouting next time I'm walways trying to find new good spots. maybe you can anser this question I have a spot that I found last year on the Stafford side of the base where it is in between two sections. one side is B and the other side is A I sit on the A side and I kinda fell upon this spot its mainly hardwoods but has a old grown up road down the middle and it has about 50 yards each way of standing pines (tall) and I sat there last year 5 times and the first sit I saw 8 deer the second sit I saw 15 and the third sit I saw 5 deer and the fourth I saw 1 deer and the last sit I killed a doe but also saw 5 deer it was late in the season and I was very suprised that I kept seeing so many deer each sitting .

I figured that I might have found a travel route or bedding area the fect that I kept seeing deer and I would always get in early and right at first light start seeing deer all the way through 1130 I never have had a spot like that before from your experiance what kinda spot does this sound like it is ? found it to late in the year but I have a feeling if the deer are there this year that a big buck will be using that area becuase there a tons of does there and I scouted it this past sunday and there was already a fresh rub right on the old road right under my stand site.