HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are your scariest moments while hunting?
Old 09-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Deepsouthdeerjunky
Fork Horn

when i was 9 yrs old we use to be in a lease of a property that bumped rite up against the edge of... well the ghetto. There was one house inparticular that always seemed to have a party goin on. It was my first time goin bowhunting with my Dad so me and him went to sit on a greenfield that was about 80 yrds from the main road, and just on the other side of that road was the "party house". We got to the field and climbed up the ladder to reach the small platform built up between two split portions of the tree. I sat faceing my dad with about three feet inbetween our faces. At about 430 that afternoon the party across the road promptly began. and by 5 they had decided it would be a good idea to start poppin of shots with a .22 into the woods. about then me and my father heard the wizz of bullets fly threw the trees then not one but two buzzed between my and my dads head, one stricking the railing of the platform! Needless to say we got outta there pretty quick. Never hunted that stand on a weekend hunt again...