HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey Hunting - My first time out!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 AM
huntnma
Nontypical Buck

If your father drilled gun safety into you , then why would even think about using it as a club ? I suggest taking a hunter safety course,most states it's mandatory if born after a certain date....not only would you learn alot but it's fun.
Like Fl.Huntress said...."Think it's great that you're out there trying", kudos but it's not about the kill, I mean it is, but that's the final reward for your hard work...to me, you just went out there to show the world two women can do it and you did, but You have to respect the game you hunt. By choosing the turkey because it's annoying,ugly, and stupid is disrespectful to me right off the bat, they are anything but...by going into the woods very little preparation is also disrespectful....watching you bash it's head in with the butt of the gun was disrespectful to your kill and very upsetting, if you had done a lil homework or gone with someone that had experience, you would of known that it was a good shot, the head was down, it was just nerves, so there was no need for the bashing.Education is the key....you're right, I don't think anyone would expect you or anyone to know it all the first time you enter the woods, it's all a process...kinda like driving, you study first, you just don't jump into the drivers seat and go...I'm still learning and I'll be the first to admit that I still makes mistakes,but I always handle my weapon in a safe manner and I always respect the game I am hunting.When I first this post, I thought cool, add another woman hunter to the team, but when I saw that video, I was embarrassed, not only for you and your cousin but for all the women hunters out, but I know too many good/ethical women hunters and I'm sure you'll be one of them one day too...I'm not trying to be mean or hateful or damper your moment but this hit a nerve...I hope that you did learn from this and that y'all will grow into safe, knowledgable huntresses. I am glad y'all weren't hurt.Congrats on a fine first Gobbler.

Last edited by huntnma; 09-24-2011 at 06:28 AM.