HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you do?
Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM
MISwampDog
Fork Horn

Ill say this. You are a better man than I am. I couldn't just walk away from this. I can't stand people that try and bully others around. I would have confronted the neighbor a long time ago and informed him of all the stealing and mention that I have a good idea who it is...just wouldn't mention him directly. Then I would talk to the land owner and inform him of all the shananagans thats happening on his land. Any land owner worth his salt wouldn't tollerate it. I know for a fact that I dont on my land. An earlier post mentioned trying to catch the guy in the act. To me it's worth it. I would put up a new stand and make some noise doing it. Then i'd sneak out after dark and see what I could see. If i caught him Id turn him in to the authorities immediately. There are laws against hunter harrassment and of course against larceny. Though I may be a little bit more ornery then most...maybe because I work in law enforcement. Just don't like bad guys I guess. I put up with too much crap at work all week long to have to put up with crap when I am trying to relax and hunt. I would assume that you are of the same mind set. Good luck with it. Gunna be a long road i fear.