HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DIY wolverine camo stock
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 05:00 PM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
That actually looks like great work. I paid to have all mine done because i just cant do that good of work.

That stock has a lot of pink in it on my monitor. Not sure if it's my setting or you have some pink mixed in??? Looks good either way.
What is used to create the color can't say. i can tell you that the military and a lot of camo companies use darker and lighter variations of this color as base coats in there new camo. if you look closely at the ground in the pic. it appears to be a darker shade of the color on the rifle.i thought the same thing until i started looking out over the landscape here where i live. once i did i understand why it's used.have a look on the Knight site at the true timber camo, they offer on some of there rifles or the edges of a doves wings. the other color used on the rifle is light coyote and when you see pics of coyotes it makes sense.the new camo colors are created with computers it's really scientific these days.natural gear camo uses it as a base on all of there products also.