HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summit Open Shot tree stands??
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 AM
louie6014
Fork Horn

I got the summit open shot sd. I had some issues with the quality of the one shipped to me (was cracked), it was replaced by summit ... took a over 10 days... (Ive welded before) and not the biggest fan of some welds. Some areas on both of mine were not fully powder coated. Its a good stand for the $. Got mine for 170. Ide strongly recommend some 1" foam and camo tape over the upper portion where your arms contact it, I think api makes premade zip on style arm guards, discovered this after my Lowes adventure. Its not the easiest climbing stand, but its worth it in my eyes for packability. Dont even know I have it with me. Ive already taken a deer from this stand this season, being obstruction free is awsome. It does have a small platform.. but I found myself leaning against the tree with seat up, and lots of room. Buy a good two arm bow holder.. Only other gripe is you can knock the top half while climing.. and it will slide down and land on your feet, happens to me when Im inch worming up and down and go to adjust my tree strap while Im climing. Im 6' 210# and I have no major issues. Only + for lone wolf is bigger plat form. I hear the seats they make are harsh on your rear. If you have the openshot top half at knee cap height you can shoot sitting down easy (ive practiced this). It will need some slight modifying for each user in my eyes tho.. # 1 the top arm halfs need padding. I also secure the top half with the strap it comes with when Im up there and set in place.