HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What bow for a starter 7 yr old boy??
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
NEBRbruiser
Fork Horn

Thanks alot for all the input. The bow I got is the one you can send in like $50 and they will send new limbs for it. As far as which eye of his is dominant I gotta be honest I have no idea. I'm a big golfer and I gotta say his first set of clubs will be right handed as well. Main reason being is they are much easier to get and I can teach him a lot easier as I am right handed. Might not be the best thing to do but we'll see.
As for stance and what not it looks ok. I guess just not sure what to expect from a 7 yr old ya know?? The one thing he has hard time with is consistant achor point but thats just something you can only tell them and they will have to figure it out.
Prob is at 5 or 10 yrds I cant get the sights low enough. the pins are all the way down and i cant move the whole site down much more or the fletching hits it when arrow is released. Have already lost 3 arrows in the grass. Thinking of putting him down in the basement and puttin an old mattress behind the target.
Any other thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks again,