HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Plunger style Inlines
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 06:30 PM
WCW
Spike

Before becoming disabled my wife of many years was a plaintiff's attorney who enjoyed an excellent reputation among her peers. I asked her if she had ever head of a action being filed against a gun manufactured because of a primer disintegrating. She had not so out of curiosity I went to West Law to see how many had been filed. Any way I attempted to shepardize the subject I drew a blank. If plunger action guns presented any inherit flaw that would cause injury to an individual Traditions and CVA would not be marketing them now There would have been a massive recall of guns by the manufactures if just a few sought monetary gain by filing punitive actions.

I queried my gunsmith on the subject and he feels that if it were to happen it would most likely be caused by a defective breach plug that should be replaced immediately, improperly seated load or an excessive amount of propellent. He went on to say that multiple of thousands of plunger action guns are in use today and he had never heard of this problem arising.

In my humble opinion to categorically brand any type of fire arm as unsafe based on one's personal experience and observation without seeking an experts input is beyond ridiculous and a disservice to others.