HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bull elk on trail cam
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

Wheatly I don't know why it showed up 5:40 am the trail cam showed the pic taken at 8:45 AM.

Colorado Cajun I'm archery hunting myself. I haven't got real serious about it. I've been packing in archery drop camps and now have relation visiting all week. But come the week of muzzle loading season plan on hitting it hard that week it's my only open time I can get to go for myself. Should be a real test of patience setting up on that wallow and just waiting for it to happen. I'm used to spot and stalking elk during archery but these trail cams have shown me I stand a better chance if I'd just sit and wait. With in five days there's been at least one to two bulls there and the amount of cows showing up is a lot. My other cam by my cabin has elk on it everyday but not a bull so far. I saw a nice bull track just south of the cam by about 80 yards. The cams are in different area's about 12 miles apart. By next year I'm thinking of putting camera's on all the hot spots. That's going to be a lot of camera's but I think I'm addicted. I'm waiting for a good bear pic so I can post one. I got about a 1/3 of a bears face on cam so far.