HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Northern Virginia Buck Photos
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Grizzl
Spike

Originally Posted by Bike man
My ears were burning. I see my friend Grizzl has been talking about me. I am not sure who the Quanticokid is. I am not sure if I deserve my reputation. I know that I am very good, but there are about 20 other hunters on Quantico who are also very good. I have not shot a Quantico buck in about 7 years. In the last 10 years I have passed up about 6 bucks that would score about 120 inches. I do not need any more 120” racks cluttering up the basement. I don’t need to kill. When you shoot one the hunt is over. I would rather be hunting than be butchering. Really I want the bucks to grow up. I want 130” or better, but I will settle on a 125” I guess I am bragging a little but my last two years have been good. Like some of my most successful years. Like I saw 4 shooter this year in a gun area and the 10 point 130 inch was at 20 yards. I guess I can not call one of them a shooter because ½ of his rack was broke off. He would have been a nice 10 point and I had him at 5 yards. I saw over 50 bucks this past year and on one day I saw seven different eight pointers. Two years ago I saw 53 bucks. And most of these bucks were less than 20 yards away. I do not need to kill to have a successful hunt.

About Steve: he is a fast learner and he has been coached by Earl and a little bit by me. But I take no credit. Steve has his stuff together.
HA! Glad to see you on the site! Send him the link to your article in Virginia Fish and Game..that would help