HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Cam Review
Thread: Game Cam Review
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Recently bought a wildgame innovations d8, I'm very impressed!

I've had 35mm cameras back in the day, cuddeback no flash, which I think cost 300 or 400 new when it first came out, recently bit the dust, but my most recent wildgame innovations camera, batteries are lasting forever! I can't believe it, but they are, it's simple to set, no manual needed. SD memory card. They just came out with a new smaller version, I'll probably get a 2nd one, ie the newer version at some point.

I'm done spending over $150/200 on a game camera.

IR/no flash didn't impress me, I swear they can see that flash, so might as well save the $$ if you can and just get a flash camera style. Less you're really buying a IR to avoid thieves from getting flashed...

Cuddeback may have a quick sensor, but I'm not impressed for that kind of cash, you would think engineers would test/design these things, poor mounts, poor settings/difficult to set without a phd/manual, maybe they've improved things since the no flash, but too bad I'm done with them.

I'm sure others make quality cameras for around $100 or 150 as well.

Look for flash/sensor range btw when buying.

Btw recently called cuddeback about my NO FLASH not working anymore, they no longer service them, so now I have a 400 paperweight, they did offer me a discount on their new model which amounted to almost no savings, probably could have paid the same amount if I shopped online for a deal. And their new line has a 5MP camera I believe?

That wildgame innovations old model was an 8MP model, I'd strongly suggest checking out their new lineup...They have models for less than 100, around 100, and 140 I think, depending on the megapixels, and they're much smaller now, but honestly I could care less how big/small a game camera is as long as it works, I mean it's going on a tree.

Last edited by salukipv1; 08-25-2011 at 11:45 PM.