HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ontario Black Bear Hunt 2011
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:53 PM
HuntingConfessions
Spike

Default Ontario Black Bear Hunt 2011

Anticipation was at an all time high for this hunt. After having a smashing hunt last year my goal this season was set on harvesting a really Big Bear even if it meant coming home empty handed. Joe was confident he had the right location for my quest with a great location and some above average bears hitting the bait. He was right the trail cam pic's showed big bears coming in just not while I was there. One coming in just before my arrival on opening afternoon of the hunt. He came in 42 minutes ahead of me at 2 18 pm. Then early the next morning again while I was not there. Joe seeing an opportunity for a morning hunt the next day I was in early morning hoping for a chance at the bear. He was a no show once again. Towards the end of the hunt Joe decided a honey burn just might be the ticket to pull this bear to his final resting place. The burn worked but not on this bear another 300-350 lbs. He swung directly down wind of me and came in silent. I turned my head and he was right there staring at me nose in the air. He then stood on his hind legs looking right at me smelling me. If the stand was a bit lower I could of patted him on the head,lol. He then bolted off and was never seen again. I had a super hunt enjoying every thing about it thanks Joe. We did manage to put 3 great eating bears on the ground making some great table fair.In tototal we passed on 8 bears and seen 1 cow moose. Great hunt !!