HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hate to do this but i have a broadhead question
Old 08-22-2011, 10:30 AM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sutton
i know everybody hates these threads including me, but i have a question between 2 broadheads. i always shoot mechanical i just dont trust the flight of fixed they fly weird for me. i shot the rage the past 2 years and i hate them. ive had them break on me ive had them get poor penetration they just dont do it for me.
I can assure you that the problem is an UNTUNED BOW... not ANY b-head! You simply MUST take the time to tune your equipment and NEVER use a mech b-head as a crutch for poor arrow flight. When an arrow has unstable flight from either fish-tailing or porposing... this will severely limit an arrows ability to penetrate anything. This is why your mechs won't penetrate and why fixed blade b-heads "fly weird" for you. If you don't know how to tune your equipment, please take it to a Pro Shop and they will get you on the right path ?!?

I just can't stress enough how crucial the tuning process is !!! I think you'd be shocked to find that most quality b-heads on the market WILL fly exactly like your field points once you're tuned!

I've shot all the b-heads you've mentioned and I've had good results with all of them on Whitetail sized game (up to 300#) but I can almost promise you that the Rage will/should be able to out penetrate the other heads you mentioned. Please get your rig tuned before heading to the woods this Fall ?!? Good luck and good huntin'