HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mentored Youth Doe
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mounting man
99% of the time,i have nothing to say,but this mentored hunt seemed like a good idea. Hunters,like Barnes,follow the rules and make it work. As Sproul,has stated,most of the mentored hunt pictures,make you wonder? How do you keep a 7,8,9 or 10 year old interested,for hours at a time ? This would be a rare young person! I've seen a few. I could not keep my kids, at that age,fishing with out them losing interest,on nice days!!! They need action to keep them ocupied.
On another note,where do these folks teach these young folks to shoot? In the last 3 years,i've only seen 2 men teaching their children gun saftey and how to shoot! One was a young man and the other was a young lady. I watched as the father talked each one thru saftely,on dry runs,with their weapons. Both of these young ones were very good marksmen!!!!!!
Well,anyways,i don't like the mentored hunt thing,but,it has to do with my right to hunt and i would not go against it.

you are right.we teach hunter training course at our club.our number of kids has DOUBLED,yes, DOUBLED.
WHY?because dads want that extra tag to use. ITS THAT SIMPLE.its GREAT during buck only week withn AR rule.
over half the kids FLUNK the test.dont laugh, they do. they are not intersted .

yes WHERE DO YOU SEE 6 YEAR OLD SHOOTING GUN IN?you have to range here in my area and I DONT SEE THEM SHOOTING?

2 storys, here we go.
i was at wal-mart.dad walked in with 3 daughters.OLDEST ONE SAID ,this is stupid, I AINT GOING HUNTING ANYHOW.
dad said, JUST SIGN IT..........

NEXT ONE, a 7 year old girl got big buck ,i believe it was 10 point and shot on publicland.
when teacher said,HONEY WHAT DID YOU SHOOT THE BIG BUCK WITH?
she said,DAD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU IT WAS A WEE-O-8.

there you have it.