HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Was shooting the breeze with another hunter at a party and the subject of baiting came up, I'd hunted hogs that came into a feeder. That's when his wife chummed in and said that wasn't hunting and pretty adamant about it till I said we all hunt over bait, we all if we do things right hunt the source of what the deer wants be it food or sleep or sex. She was backed up a bit and then said, but putting it there was the difference. Her husband and I both said, not much difference if it's us or a farmers corn/beans.

I cut down trees in my woods so it will grow thick for bedding and trails for traveling and I know where the does are, it's all surrounded by crops planted. Just being honest, I use those things as bait and don't see much difference in putting a pile of corn out or hunting a food source except the one I put out doesn't work as well.

As far as tv broadcasting, turned it off years ago and have never missed it. Pretty much raised all my 5 kids without it. We still watch tapes/dvd's but I stopped paying to be insulted. If you want it to change do the same. Do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes of "The Rifle Man" or "Rawhide" recorded without any crap advertising and you'll see just how far down the sewer tv broadcasting has, I'd say falling but that would imply an accident, this was deliberate. Turn it off and stop paying for it.