HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews Legacy owners or past owners
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:46 PM
jnrbronc
Fork Horn

I bought a used 2004 Legacy in 2006. It was light years ahead of my previous bow. Bow hunting was instantly fun, where it had been a drag before. I've been shooting the Legacy ever since, just had it restrung for the second time since owning it, as I'm heading out of state and didn't want string failure to be an issue.

When I told a friend that I was headed out of state, he offered his bow as a back up. I took him up on the offer, last thing I want to have happen is a bow malfunction wreak the trip of a lifetime. He won a Bowtech General at a fund raiser, I think it is a 2008. I've shot it a couple of times since he lent it to me, first thing I noticed was how dead it was in my hand at the shot. Other than that, I didn't see any improvement in accuracy, I shoot both just as good.

I'll probably buy a newer used bow come January, more to gain speed with lower poundage than anything. I'll keep the Legacy as a back up for my next out of state trip, as I'm not "giving it away" for what they fetch these days. And yes, the Legacy will be my #1 bow on my trip to New Mexico for elk Sept. 1.