HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got up too early
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default Got up too early

Today was one of them days I could not sleep. So I got up and began looking for something to do. I went to the gun room and decided I needed to dust and clean, as well as wipe off all the rifles.

Well for three years now I have collected every jug/container of powder, whether it was Goex, Kik, Grafs, Pyrodex RS & P, Black Mag, Swiss, Triple Seven, APP, JSG, you name it, I saved it. Why I have no idea. Probably a stupid thought in my head at one time in my life. I have a lot of them. But today that all changed.

Instead of my usual taking the large stack of jugs apart and dust them, then stack them again, I decided to throw them in the recycle bin which happened to be a 55 gallon empty garbage can.

It amazed me how many empties I had accumulated. But that will all go away when our recycle center is open.

To make sure there was nothing in them, I really shook the snot out of them into an ice cream bucket. I was kind of surprised what I got out of all them empties..

I am going to see how that stuff burns, but I doubt I would want to shoot it. Now I got the weapons all cleaned and oiled, the wall all wiped down, and the other stuff in the office all clean. So we can start a new collection. I also threw out over 60 #11 tins. I told you, I do crazy things sometimes.. like collecting muzzleloaders. Think of what that powder probably cost me, not to mention those tins of caps.

So if you're as big a pack rat as I am.. take the plunge. Clean them guns and anything else in the way...