HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Brand of Knife??
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
WVCritter
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a favorite brand but rather have favorite knives. I have a handmade knife that a friend made for me and it holds and edge but it a little bigger than I like to carry on my side so it usually ends up staying home and I use it to skin deer. I have an old Imperial(USA) fixed blade hunting knife that a friend was using to strip wire with. I got it from him, took it home and cleaned it up and sharpened it. It has very good steel in it and also gets used for skinning and de-boning. I have a Gerber that my son-in-law gave me as a Christmas present and it's a great knife. It's easily sharpened when needed,easy to carry and holds an edge. My first deer hunting knife was an old Case XX 2 bladed folding hunter that I bought new for under $15 back in the early 70's. It has gutted and skinned at least 50 deer and still looks good and is near the top as my favorite. My everyday pocket knife, which I have used to gut a deer with, it an Old Timer camp knife by Ulster. They went out of business in the 60's or 70's and they also made the same knife an inserted a Boy Scout emblem on the handle. You can still find a lot of them on e-bay.