HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New toy for deer season
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Cossack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Peadjis
Very nice, Personally i have a Ibex and a equinox, just picked up the equinox a few months ago, Only thing i can recommend for ya are some limbsavers, they're about $20 and will quiet down your bow a lot, I have them on my equinox along with s5 dampeners, the limbsavers took away a lot of the "twangy" noise the bow makes when you fire.

Not 100% necessary but i like to have them.

Good luck on your hunting trips.
Limbsavers may take some "twang" out of the limbs (seems to bother archer more than deer) they also slow the speed of the limbs, ergo the speed of the arrow by 8-10 fps, depending where they are placed. ANY application to limbs or string will reduce arrow speed. Fellow brought in a bow for reserving recently with 8 (EIGHT) rubber string spiders on string and cables, wich affected net loss of 50 fps! Said it was a "different bow" once removed. String stoppers do not affect arrow speed, cause limited reduction in noise (not to the point that deer won't hear it) but do provide some insurance against bow damage if bow is dryfired. Recommend them esp if fast string is used.