HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - insert glue?
Thread: insert glue?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Cossack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by boomer92266
i have a friend who has to cut his bolts down and since he doesn't have internet i would ask the question. what type of glue can he use to put the inserts back in?, also do they make 17" bolts? he bought 20" from wal mart it was the shortest they carry but they are 3inches to long, the broadhead he uses won't let him use 16" so he's going with the next length. he is gonna try super glue and fletch tite unless i can let him know of something else. thanks
The best single glue I've found-after trying some half dozen bow brand glues-is Gorilla brand super glue (blue top). It is latex fortified so won't crack like many of the others. Personally I used hot melt glue on my nocks (aluminum moon) so I can readjust them after refleching if necessary but super glue can be used there too. Have him try the 20 inch before he cuts them. The longer arrow has a higher ballistic coefficient so won't drop as fast assuming near same weigh; assuming it's not dangerous by sticking out too far in front of bow.