HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 07-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Unlocked
Spike

James hit the nail on the head on every point in my opinion. As far as crossbows comment avid made, I felt the same as Avidhunter at first and thought they were ridiculous, and in a sense still do. I rag my little brother constantly about it(hes 17 and perfectly healthy.) However my dad after several shoulder surgerys and buldging disk in his lower back he just cant hold full draw very well, nor take multiple shots practicing with us. He was due to upgrade his PSE nova and decided if we was going to make a $1200+ investment it was going to be with some thing he would be able to use for years to come.

Our bow season is from Sept. 11th through end of season with black powder not coming in until nov.1 and rifle nov20th, through Jan1. So sitting from sept 11th til nov,1 is a long time to wait, and a ton of time for pressure to put on the woods and push the deer out or more nocturnal for my dad to not be able to get into the woods due to his handicaps.

So in certain situations, I believe crossbows are perfectly ok. In others man up and go full draw !