HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 AM
huntingkidPA
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by AvidHunterAbe
I can tell you this: I am very well connected in the hunting world and keep up with just about every aspect of it except cross bows because I think they are a ridiculous way to hunt. I have close friends who filmed hunts for these big ticket shows and by the end they are sick to theirs stomach every time. It takes DAYS upon DAYS and atempt upon atempt to get the video just right, picture perfect. In the end its ALL staged, walking up to the animal, the bait, the food plot ect. If you were to put in the sweat for your own food plot it would still be nothing like the TV shows. You have outfitters giving up monster deer they have been watching for years only for 15 minutes of fame. These shows do very little of their own leg work, they might as well shoot them at the zoo. I too once had set it as a personal goal to make a few appearances on these hunting shows until I was told what goes on behind the scenes from people who film and produce these shows. If you love the sport, if you breathe the sport and spend every waking minute thinkng about it like I do, then dont ruin it for your self with these fake TC shows......next think you know they will be shooting Boone and Crocket Unicorns!
i dont know why people are against crossbows. if people want to use them let them be, they most likely use them if they arent comfortable hitting and killing a deer with a bow. It could ensure less wounded deer running around. Plus they could help more people get into the sport? just my opinion though.