HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
huntography
Spike

"My son asked me why don't we just go where we can pour out some corn.? I explained to him that that isn't what the hunting experience is really about. He replied well that is how the pro's do it on TV . "

Sometimes, perception is reality. It's sad that our youth thinks that what they see on TV or some DVD's is the norm, when it's really not.

Unlike professional sports like football, baseball, golf, hockey, basketball, etc where being called a professional happens because these individuals have amazing talent that most of us don't, in the hunting industry, being called a pro is much different. It's more about marketing. It's about being put in unrealistic situations that provide high percentage opportunities to kill deer most of us would only dream of seeing on our private or public land.

I'd love to see the "pro's" go and hunt where most of us hunt and see what kind of deer they come back with. Many of us regular folks are great hunters. We scout. We read sign. We put in the effort. To me, I'd rather go hunting with you or learn from you than many of the "pro's" that we watch.

In fact, I am on a mission to do just that - Film America's Hunters. One at a Time. Last season was amazing. This season will be too.

http://bit.ly/jwmBMB