HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - large/small seed planter or drill
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
hossdaniels
Typical Buck

Plus, it will plant anything properly equipped (maybe not chufa, not tried it). It will even drill corn good enough for food plots with some tweaking. There is an optional small seed box which is common, and a optional fluffy seed (native warm season grass) box which is not so common.

The only potential negative is that the 60x nt's are not quite as heavy as the 70x nt or the 100x nt drills, meaning that getting larger seeds to the needed depth in dry soil conditions is more difficult. Realistically, if you want to carry a 60x on a 3pt hitch, it could not possibly be any heavier. That tractor is a 5210 4wd with loader, and the front is still light when carrying the drill. I plan on upgrading to a m7040 kubota next year.

I'd go with a trailer type over the three point, requires less hp and takes curves slightly better, and coulter depth adjustment is easier. The only reason I purchased the three point is because I do custom food plot planting. It is much easier to load a 3pt on a trailer and drive half way across the state.

Far as great plains goes, they have great products across the board. The only other manufacturers to look at are tye, truax, and maybe sunflower. Most others are toys.