HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

I agree that being as it were put on top of Deer infested areas groomed for the paying customer is by no means the norm. But I'm not against outfitters or what they offer the one who has a limited time to hunt and who do not care to put in all the hard work hanging stands or locating deer in less groomed areas. I can't judge whether they are poor hunters or not not knowing thier past or skill level. For those of us who do it the old fassion way and do not have thousands of dollars to spend on outfitters the old ways will always be available for us to pass on to our kids and youth we mentor. In our country we are blessed to have so many freedoms such as how we choose to hunt and why we hunt. I enjoy the hunting shows for what they are, I enjoy the personallities who make them interesting such as Michael Waddell,Travis and Nick on the Bone Collectors. Nick Mundt is a very good hunter in my opinion based upon what kind of hunting I have seen him do while hunting bear,elk,moose amd many game species in Africa.We are responsible for what our kids are taught,not others. If we want our kids to learn good woodsmanship and to work hard for what they harvest then I think it is up to us to make clear how that is done. The hunting industry is just that an industry designed to make money hawking thier wares to us the consumer. I don't buy a lot of stuff but I'm glad it's there if I choose to give it a try. As has been said in past threads if you don't like the shows don't watch them, if you do you can. Choice is a great thing,it makes us decide after thinking and forms what type of hunter we choose to become. I've learned a lot watching some hunting videos and shows and it has helped me harvest deer and turkey each season I have hunted as well as by trial and error in the field. Thats my take on the issue.