HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they realy doing our sport justice???
Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
porkchop401
Spike

Default Are they realy doing our sport justice???

At age 42 I am most likely an old timer on here, so bear with me . Televised huntig has made leaps and bounds in there ability to show giant whitetails meat thier demise . You turn own the tube, dial in to your favorite hunting channel and like clock work the buck of a lifetime prade to the bait , food plot or mirical mix deer attractant . My son killed his first deer last year and yes it was over a corn pile and man was I proud , later in the year I took him hunting several times where there was no bait and own public land where you had to actually hunt by interpreting sign and determining a location with a probability of seeing a deer . My son asked me why don't we just go where we can pour out some corn.? I explained to him that that isn't what the hunting exsperience is realy about . He replied well that is how the pro's do it on TV .
After thinking about this I started talking to other parents and some of the more prominent upcoming youth hunters about how they hunt and the answer was almost all the same ;food plot , feed and mirical lures , what happend to hunting ?
If you study the hunting shows it seems that they are just one long commercial, does our youth realize that few of us can afford such a hunt. It seems that what we are watching is just killing on a garanteed deal and our youth believes that this is the norm.
Kids believe (or at least the ones I have talked to believe ) that it is only with the help of bait and many other gimics will you get your deer. I explained that most of the so called mirical lures do what they are intended to do and that is seperate you from your money!
plese weigh in on this !