HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYS Deer Manangement Proposal
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Avalanche
Fork Horn

I have read the proposal and under "Alternative Buck Harvest Strategies" It appears to me that DEC is only pointing out the suggestions they received, I don't see any wording that would indicate that they are proposing a one Buck rule. It appears to me that they are more in favor of Antler restrictions.
On a side note, in this weeks NY Outdoor News is a half page advertisement on page 8 that is completely misleading in reference to the DEC proposal. I called NY Outdoor News and complained about it. I have no problem with someone pointing out what they don't like about the proposal, but at least be truthful. That AD is only designed to scare hunters with half truths and misrepresentations. I would like to know who placed it.
I encourage all hunters to read the proposal, and if they have questions about it, call DEC and let them explain it to you.
And just for the record, there are some aspects of the proposal I don't like, but at least DEC is trying to improve the deer hunting situation here in NY. And no, I don't work for DEC and never have.