HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - S&W M&P40c review
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Sfury
Typical Buck

Reading that copied article makes me realize one thing. Chuck Hawks does not understand how mass production works. That by no means excuses S&W for potentially selling unchecked product that would be dangerous to use.

The article also shows no direct information to back up the author's claims. Probably done to avoid lawsuit, but even so, without more information some of the examples are hearsay at this time.

Although, the problems reported here follow some of the issues that have been reported by others. There is no doubt that S&W did have some QC issues at one point. I'm not certain as to what products, during what time frame, but the recall lends some credence as to some of the information that is missing.

Now, that also doesn't go along with some of the products they sell being reviewed by many different groups and performing flawlessly either. I believe S&W reached the Toyota stage where they got greedy and made some poor choices. Now they are (apparently) trying to go back to what made them a success.