HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pen Raised Deer
Thread: Pen Raised Deer
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Alltlk4
Fork Horn

Default Pen Raised Deer

Went to lunch with a group from the office. Woman who I knew for years says to me she is going hunting for the first time this fall. Her new husband, who I met a couple times is taking her. I thought that was cool. She tells me about his two brothers operation they have in NE Kansas that she will be hunting on. One brother pen raises the deer and then turns him loose on on the other brothers ranch, which is of course is fenced and people pay big bucks to hunt there. She is going to hunt in the late season after all the clients are gone and they hunt the ranch. I told her that is fine and it sounds like a great business but she is not really hunting. She did not know any different and just asked why and I said that they are in a huge inclosure and can't excape, like shooting fish in a barrel. So week goes by and the husband calls me to tell me how wrong I am. He says there is nothing wrong with it. I tell him that it is a great money maker and he has broken no laws but when he takes time out to hunt this property he is not hunting. Not sure what I would call it he is doing but it is not hunting. He has called me several times with fact and figures and things. I told him you can send me all you want but I am not going to call that or you a hunter. Maybe I am the ignorant one here but how does anyone else feel. I think hunting in a high fence ranch is weak.