HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana: Buyers remorse?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 AM
terricaryan1
Spike

Originally Posted by eyeball2
can anyone tell me how the deer hunting is around trout creek and thompson falls. i haven't been there in 20 years and wonder what the wolf impact has been. thanks
As long as Montana has the animals that people want to hunt, there will be people buying the tags regardless of cost. I also agree that when people do come here to hunt, it's the hunt, not neccessarily harvesting of the animal that sticks with them the most. All of the outfitters that i have personal contact with have built their business and their reputations on mostly return hunters. These are hunters that enjoyed their total Montana experience so much that they book with the same hunter year after year, whether they harvest or not, it's the hunt in it's entirety that brings you here.
I have friends from out of state that put in for their tags like clock work every year for diy hunts. They have a wonderful time here and have made lifelong friendships with many of the people that they have come across on their hunts here.
Bottom line is this i guess, yes it is expensive for a non resident to come here and hunt, but it's still way cheaper then a 5 day "vacation" to Disneyland or to Disneyworld. Just my 2 cents worth.