HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - S&W M&P40c review
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Default S&W M&P40c review

Picked up a new M&P40C yesterday. I got the model with the thumb safety and without the magazine disabling feature. First let me say the pistol fits me very well with the medium backstrap. Better than the Glock 27. After a thorough cleaning last night, I took it out today. I started at 12 yds offhand. To say that I was impressed with the first 3 shots in virtually the same hole at the 3 O'clock position about 1/2" right of center would be an understatement. Especially for a compact. I continued to empty the first mag and clustered all the bullets in a fist sized group from center to just right of center.
I moved back to 25 yds and set up the bench and sand bags.
At this point, it is evident that the pistol is sighted for close in work. At the 25 yd line the pistol printed about 4" high but still had good accuracy. A 10 rounds produced about a 3-4" group.
The pistol functioned perfectly without any jams.
The only minor event was that while shooting a string of shots from the standing position the white dot on the front sight flew completely off. (These 3 dot sights by the way have the most brilliant white dots I have ever seen.) I have an email into S&W to see if they can send me some of this paint to re-apply it to the sight.
All in all, I am pleased with this little pistol and will enjoy carrying it on my person. I give it a 4.75 stars.