HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana: Buyers remorse?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM
South33
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Hey, I am all about "the experience" and I have hunted your great state three times and taken two bulls and a bear, and my brother got lucky and drew a moose tag and took a 49" bull! All hunts were great experiences.

But as far as "the expience", I can get a great one in Colorado for $334 for a deer or $554 for an elk (I like most people can't afford to hunt both in the same year so you really can't add the two and compare).

Easy to talk about the experience for those paying resident fees, my contention is that many nonresidents, after spending almost a grand for JUST the license may have buyers remorse when they return without an elk
The "hunting experience" im talking about isn't determined on how little or how much something costs (the fact I pay resident fees means absolutely nothing); I just payed more than I would care to admit for an Alaskan Moose hunt last fall & had the time of my life & I left with more memories than I could have ever hoped for. I also payed $10.00 for a turkey tag this spring & shot a beautiful tom opening morning & I had the time of my life doing so. My point is the prices are what they are if you want to hunt in MT, AK, CO etc. you are going to have to pay the fees & if going into the hunt with the right attitude you very rarely leave disappointed. So either pay the price & enjoy being out there or don't. But whining about something you can't change is a waste of time...

-South