HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana: Buyers remorse?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by South33
Couldn't have said it any better! Montana has so much to offer & the experiences you can leave with are priceless. I don't see the prices going down any time soon; as the price of everything else increases so will tag prices.

Eyeball2 the deer/elk hunting in Trout Creek is still awesome & it doesn't take much effort to locate the buck/bull you are looking for. The wolves have definitely made their mark though; The bucks & bulls are staying low year around to get away from the pressure caused by wolves. I was out a bunch of times in that area last year & I seen & heard my fair share of these disgusting predators. Hope you can make it this way & help put our predator control to action!

-South
Hey, I am all about "the experience" and I have hunted your great state three times and taken two bulls and a bear, and my brother got lucky and drew a moose tag and took a 49" bull! All hunts were great experiences.

But as far as "the expience", I can get a great one in Colorado for $334 for a deer or $554 for an elk (I like most people can't afford to hunt both in the same year so you really can't add the two and compare).

Easy to talk about the experience for those paying resident fees, my contention is that many nonresidents, after spending almost a grand for JUST the license may have buyers remorse when they return without an elk