HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Montana: Buyers remorse?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM
eyeball2
Spike

Originally Posted by South33
Couldn't have said it any better! Montana has so much to offer & the experiences you can leave with are priceless. I don't see the prices going down any time soon; as the price of everything else increases so will tag prices.

Eyeball2 the deer/elk hunting in Trout Creek is still awesome & it doesn't take much effort to locate the buck/bull you are looking for. The wolves have definitely made their mark though; The bucks & bulls are staying low year around to get away from the pressure caused by wolves. I was out a bunch of times in that area last year & I seen & heard my fair share of these disgusting predators. Hope you can make it this way & help put our predator control to action!

-South
I used to agree about the greatness of the hunt, but when i go back to new mexico sacremento mts where 35 years ago i saw 25-40 deer /day in archery season and now i go back and see 2-3 deer/day in hundreds of sq. miles of beautiful mtns. there isn't much thrill in the hunt. mostly the few deer around live in the edge of town to get away from the mt. lion and coyote. actually, it's pretty depressing.