HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Possible problem with 35 Whelen loads...
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
TJEN
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cinaed
I made sure every primer was flush & flat. It's easy to do when loading primers with the Lyman 310 tool. I don't think I'm oversizing, but I *will* recheck my sizing procedure.
Primers need to be resesed below the cartridge head not flush that is one of the most common reasons for miss fires the other is oil contamination form hands or the cases being reloaded.

With that said from your post it the gun not the rem primers if so they would do the same in your 358win. I use a RCBS hand primer and only buy primers by the case Federal 210M to be exact for my 35rem/358win/35whelen. I also shoot alot of rem ammo and never had an issue with it or any ammo for that matter in over thirty five years of shooting.

I will add most ammo issues are not from the manufacters but from handling and storage from indviduals
stores.Smae with componends which are far more affected by exposer to moisture and temperature changes

Also try parcial sizing not full lenght resizing its something that is only to do with the whelen and most likely from your information the gun.

Last edited by TJEN; 04-13-2011 at 10:54 AM.