HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What I wish I knew when I got started....
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
ra18657
Spike

Default Read everything you can get your hands on!

I have a 7th edition Hornady reloading manual that covers virtually every question you will have plus the ABC'S of reloading along with a illustrated glossary in the back of the book to help you develope a vocabulary that will enable you to understand the how to along with the items you will need to start. Before you do anything buy a new up to date reloading manual (I used the Hornady as an example only, there are others) and read it before starting. Better yet It would help to have at least two recent reloading manuals to have two sources. This usually is a self taught hobby with very few sources to refer to, further these books encourage you to follow the steps (with no short cuts or leave anything out). If you follow the instructions you probably will develope good loading procedures to ensure nothing bad happens. Most of the old timers (I include myself in this comment) didn't have a mentor nor anyone else they could help a newbie work thru a problem, we had to figure it out ourself. If you do your part it will be a very rewarding hobby with a good chance you will develope friendships along the way. Good luck!! William

Last edited by ra18657; 04-12-2011 at 04:36 PM.