HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Made the mistake of going to the gun store...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
tsaxybabe
Fork Horn

Default Made the mistake of going to the gun store...

Now I want more guns....

The only shotgun I have is a Franchi i12. I like it, but the recoil beats up my face. It doesn't bother my shoulder at all, but after a day of shooting it feels like I have a bruise on my cheekbone for the next couple days!! This is what got me thinking on looking at other shotguns...

What I'm looking for is advice mostly. I'm only interested in semi-auto 12ga guns. There is a used Winchester Super x3 at the gun shop (NWTF edition) for $970. I liked the look of this gun and it felt nice. Is that a good price? It looks brand new.
I have had some people tell me I am better off looking for a used Beretta. I don't want the inertia system, gas is fine. I kind of like the 3.5" option but its not real important. What's important is that I don't break my face, the gun fits, and it can have a SLING! My franchi has a wood stock so no sling..a pain when you have to walk 3/4 of a mile to your spot, carrying decoys and blinds and whatever else. I like the camo guns better than black synthetic.

So far I'm considering getting that Win SX3, or looking at Beretta Xtrema 1 (2 is probably out of my price range), or Beretta Urika Optima. I want it for turkeys, ducks, and geese. Not deer, and probably not clays or pheasants.

Advice?

Edit: I like the camo finishes with that "grippy" feeling, so that is a factor too.

Last edited by tsaxybabe; 04-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.