HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - M-O-N-T-A-N-A, here we come !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:39 AM
scottb3472
Spike

I've been a life long resident of Montana and have hunted it exclusively for over 30 years. I always make an attempt to be as friendly and as helpful as i can to the non-resident hunters, especially those that are here on a diy hunt. Between tags and the cost of getting here i almost feel that it is my duty as a sportsman and as a Montanan to make them feel right at home and hope they come back to our beautiful state for other recreational activities.

In this day and age with the economy the way it is here in Montana i feel stronger then ever that it's our duty to help these fine folks out. I spend about $200.00 ar year when it comes to hunting, thats fuel, food , and ammo. They spend anywhere from 2-4 times that once they are here. Somehow people get the idea that the only ones who profit from a non-resident hunter are outfitters, and i can tell you that is so not true. What about the kid working at Town Pump that sold the hunters gas, beer, munchies, or whatever, or the people in the restuarants that these hunters eat in, or the sporting goods store that they go to and get last minute supplies, or the motel or campground folks that rent them a place to stay. No folks, their dollars go to pay for way more stuff then you want to think about or believe. So if you are a non-resident hunter, and you have found some people less then friendly to your being here, come on over to region 1 up around the Eureka area, and you'll find folks that are more then happy to wish you luck, show you where the game is, have a cup of coffee with you, and encourage you to spend, spend, spend.......

Originally Posted by razu13612
My statement about "snooze trees" was NOT about soliciting Wy hunting areas, but more along the lines of a humorous antecedent........... If you don't want to reveal "snooze tree" locations, thats just fine........ Any "pun (NOT pine) trees??????

Regardless of all things considered, I (and the other 5 in our group) think we will stick to our plans on returning to Mt......... Hunting is EXCELLENT, Lotza land (private and BLM), EXCELLENT set-up for RV, weather is tolerable (most of the time), company (friends & family) is SUPER, AND the beers cold !!!!!