HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bighorns35
i hunt in illinois 1 week a year. that state has 2 4 day slug seasons and 1 5 day muzzleloader season.as do alot of mid western states. there archery opens about same as ours,and goes till mid jan.have you see the tv shows,or hunt magazines.in ther lies the problem, you get all your ideas and opinions form the boob tube, that aint the real world my friend theres the results of low hunting pressure and a balanced herd.NY will never be IL no matter what restrictions they impose, look at jersey, 6day gun season and the deer huntings no better and yes,i would much rather have slug guns then riflesreally? expensive ammo, ungodly recoil, poor accuracy, crappy guns to chose from, hey whatever floats your boat. here in wyoming county we have alot of populated rural communitys rifles in my opinion will be dangerous.oh brother is there a myth you wont buy into? I can hit a house w/ a slug at 200 yds too but only if I SHOOT AT IT! besides theres already a statewide law that you cant shoot any weapon within 500ft of a house[/COLOR] with a rifle i could easily shoot deer off of neighboring propertys with ease. i personally only hunt with bow,and muzzleloader for the challenge. bet you scoped that inline ML and use a modern compound oh wow what a challenge! the reason this is about the economy is,are county is 1 of the heavily hunted southern countys,so there looking at it that every licensed hunter here will have to go buy a rifle!damn people spending $$$ again that cant be good!