HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time to buy a boat..
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

yours is too big Josh..

After pondering the situation I plan to take it to a welding shop...and have them weld a beed around the entire inside of the seam ..where the sides meet the bottom. I stopped by 2 boat stores..It takes both of my arms flexing a muscle to lift the back of my 10 foot Polarcraft..I could left up an Alumicraft 14 footer and a G3 14 footer with 3 fingers..they are light as a feather..My 10 holds over 650 pounds..the Maximum for the 14 foot Alumicraft is about 450 ..The G3 is 600 maxs including all equipment. WIth the recession going on..I think boat makers are making the aluminum thinnner...Grizzly jons are the thickest, strongest jons out there.

IF ...I had to buy a jon..Tracker makes a very nice one but is expensive..it's a Grizzly...These are around 2000 for just the boat..I love my 10..Matt and I have both stood in it at the same time flipping..problaly why the seam is messing up } -;

I may fix up my 10 footer and sell it and buy this..I like this boat to the MAX..I like the deck that is built in already..

http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3302

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-19-2011 at 02:15 AM.