HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bushmaster jamming
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

here was my experience and understanding to the problem, we had many a range sessions where the shop gun smith would beat a round out of the gun with a rubber hammer.

Ars and more so maybe bushmaster like to run nice and clean and wet, clean the crap out of it, and then clean it again. They like oil, oil the crap out of it and add some more, we ended up with oil marks on our stock and ended up coating it for a uniform look, which made it look better.
For your safety, sanity and peace of mind(yes I know this will cost a few hundrad bucks) but come on you bought an AR15 so not like your poop, go out get about500 rounds run it through the gun. No not in one day, in say a week or two. After 500 rounds the jamming should stop. I doubt it is a mag issue, if the mags are not cheapos. We had it happen to use when we bought ours with every one of our 6 mags.

After the cleaning, oiling and loaded, do not just stick the mag in there, the gun and mag is metal smack it in there via smacking the bottom. They like to be beat on some times LOL.

Some and I am surprised no one here did not tell you this already, but some will say scrap the wolf ammo and go federal or what ever, I say keep it, we shot wolf through ours all the time, it was never the cause of a issue, we started running it through our ruger 9mm and had but one issue, I had two 30 round mags, one a high price mag and one cheapo mag, oddly it did not like to feed through the 30 round high priced mag, when I ran some other stuff it did the same, a friend told me some mags, mainly pistols do not like the coated casings.

Might get some 9mm wolf for my glock