HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - best bang for the buck in youth rifle for deer?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 AM
farmdude01
Fork Horn

let me run this idea past ya people...give me your Gods honest opinion!!

their mother (my daughter in law) has a 243..youth/womens stock but 13"+ pull...what make I'm not sure...here is my thought...she doesn't use it too much (once or twice to my knowledge)
take the girls into a gunshop...have them cut the stock down and add a Sims recoil pad...99% of the time they will be in a box blind/vehicle.....they could use for deer and also go coyote hunting with dad (my son) (he goes a lot...shot like 12 this year)...an adult rifle that is fairly heavy that could be cut down to "FIT" them...allreday sighted in...good scope on it.....heavier gun= less recoil with say 100 grn. bullet...with sims pad on the felt recoil would be very minimal...I'd flip the $ for this whole thing as I want them to enjoy shooting/hunting!!!

also If an adult wants to use it they can..kinda short like a mini 14...but doable...if they want a longer pulll as they grow simply purchase a new stock for it!!

am I thinking wrong here or is it a good idea???

Last edited by farmdude01; 05-14-2011 at 07:23 AM.