HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The new 300 Remington Ultra Magnum?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 AM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

I have two of them, A Remington Sendero and a SPS. It is a awesome round, the king of factory made 30 calibers. They are inherently accurate. AS far as kick, I dont think its all that bad, I have a 338 win mag, I cant tell the difference in the kick from it versus the kick of the 300 RUM. If you go and look at Chuck Hawkes recoil tables you will see that the 338 Win mag actually has a tad more recoil. In my opinion the 300 Ultra mag is the ONLY true 30 caliber mag out, that I would even concider buying. A 300 Win mag doesnt do much more than a hot loaded 30-06, and I wouldnt own a Weatherby, because you have to buy weatherby ammo or brass, and that costs a arm and a leg, and still doesnt hold a candle to the 300 RUM. The only factory built 30 caliber that is faster than the 300 RUM is the 7.82 Warbird, built by Lazzaroni, and the gun sells for $6000. For $500 buy it! Just my opinion. Make sur you put a quality set of rings and bases on it, last week I replaced the rings on my SPS, I had some aluminum Burris rings on it, they both cracked. Buy steel Leupold rings and bases.

Last edited by fritz1; 03-22-2011 at 05:12 AM.