HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 200 & 100 yard target
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 AM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

Default 200 & 100 yard target

This is the first target i ever shot with a muzzle loader where all the bullets hit the same piece of paper, when shot at both 100 and 200 yard. The bottom 3 bullet were shot first from about 200 yard. I forgot to measure the yardage, but other measures from the same area were 201, 202, and 200 yard. The top 2 bullet were then fired from about 100 yard; again i didn't measure, but other days i have measured 98 to 103 yard in the vicinity.

The rifle used was the Triumph with a 4x scope. The powder was about 120g of BH. The primer was the W209. The bullet was the 40 caliber 200g SST, and it was held by the blue crush rib sabot. The rifle was fired on previous day without cleaning, and it seems like these were about the ninth through fourteenth shots on the uncleaned rifle and breech plug. It was 7 degrees when the fun started, and 23 degrees at the end. There was zero breeze. Elevation was near 4700 feet above sea level.

There are 3 empty boxes of these bullet, which indicate about 60 have been fired. These 5 shots are far and away the best of them 60. It could be, i will put in for an antelope tag. For sure i will be hunting prairie deer with this combination. Our muzzle loader season ended less than a month ago, but i am already eagerly awaiting the arrival of our next rifle season, which should be sometime in the first week of October.