HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One Unhappy Thompson Owner
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Ruger-Redhawk
Nontypical Buck

I do and don't have a complaint about T/C. They finally made it very right. I bought the wife a T/C Triumph. A plain Jane blued and synthetic stock. I got it home and the lever on the trigger guard snapped off. That was a year ago Christmas. I sent it in and they replaced the trigger guard. I received it back and the hammer couldn't be pulled back. Back to T/C for the second time. Not having any place to shoot it was several months before I got to try it out.I cleaned it good went to snap a couple 209 primers and nothing. I tried a couple different brands of 209's.That's three trips to T/C and haven't fired a shot. Some bushing was not installed correctly.I get it back a few days before BP season. Opening morning we're at the range sighting it in. When we got to the range the first shot the Fiber Optic broke. The bore was so tight it took two men and boy to get the ball down the barrel. I called and talked to the service manager. A very nice lady. She knew of all the issues.Finally she asked if we can use it the way it is until BP ends then she would swap it out. I agreed and I had wanted to get a S/S and Camo stock but they were sold out right at Christmas.I asked if I could pay the difference and get what we originally wanted. She said no for all the trouble you've had I'll send you the S/S /Camo.

So it did have a happy ending but aggravating as Hell