HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MN Whitetail hunts
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:50 AM
getitstraight
Spike

Default Note

Originally Posted by hnt4food
This is great to see both sides of this. Who knows the real truth? We may never know but it really doesn't matter. I know who I believe and that I will keep to myself. I do know one thing, Michigan was refered to as a place to shoot spikes and forks. Well in some places that is true, but in other places it is not to difficult to take 130 - 160 class bucks. Depends on what part of the state you might be hunting. Now just because I am from Michigan I hope no one assumes that I am defending the disgruntled hunter in this post. As I said, I know who I believe and I will leave it at that.
Well i'm only going by what aka mike told me about Michigan (his hunting area)Mike stated he is a Guide for deer as well as pheasants.He takes out a lot of deer hunters on a small track of land and acording to his statements mike told me if you shoot a 110" buck we drive around town with it in the back of are trucks all week

1st of all my opinion on his hunting ethics is that hes all about money and lets get as many people as we can.You cant take out 30-40 hunters on a small track of land and expect to shoot trophy bucks year after year(Guess thats why he came to hunt with us)

I have not even posted my 2011 hunts yet.Several reasons why

1)Were going to have some winter kill how much will be seen in another month

2)I'm working on another 10,000 acre farm and a couple smaller farms

3)economy(what can the average hunter afford and what are my expenses going to be)Fuel prices are what kills my pocket right along every other person

4)Kinda goes with number 1 but the deer herds dont look like they been feeding well with all the deep snow and ice we have.I'm thinking antler growth wont be as good and we will lose some trophy bucks do to the harsh winter.We have several standing corn fields but in most cases the deer are not able to get into the standing corn.We make paths the winds blows them shut same day or the next

5)How many repeat hunters are comming back and what dates.All my repeat hunters have 1st choice of dates.Now take all the above put them together and we'll see whats left for 2011.

Any one reading this thats from Mn and wants to have some fun blasting yotes let me know.I go almost every day.Were heading to ND this weekend for some hot action.