HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice from the "Pros"
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Michael396
Have any of you had success with recommendations from guys like Randy Wakeman or Toby Bridges? When I decided to try muzzleloading, I found a website with a ton of info from Randy Wakeman. I have tried all of the products that he has recommended with not so good results. This is not a personal slam against these guys but the best advice has come from this forum. I believe these so called "Pros" are nothing more than product pimps. Now let me hear your opinions.
Both of the individuals you mention have some very informative information.exactly what products that either has mentioned not worked so well for you? wakeman has some real good testing results on all kinds of various muzzleloader products as does toby. do they personally prefer some over others? of course.. don't you...Wakeman speaks highly of Barnes bullets as do many professionals and non professionals.IMHO they are numero uno in the M/L bullet arena, i also like the gold dot/ deep curl bullets.will either of those 2 gentlemen recommend a CVA? nope, but that's there choice.