HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice from the "Pros"
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Michael396
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Semisane
Well, there are a lot of products out there and people are paid to push them. That's Capitalism. But when you really think about it, when it comes to muzzleloading you can do most of what needs done with soap and water, olive oil, Crisco, fabric from local stores, etc.

When you are new to the sport you don't know these things. I am compensated to promote certain products in the archery industry but I don't connect myself with products that don't work. I have left sponsors for coming out with products that don't work or deliver as promised.

I think I may have worded my original post wrong. I basically want to know if anyone has had success with some of these products recommended by the pros. After reading some articles by Randy Wakeman, I purchased Barnes bullets. Barnes makes a great product and they have great customer service, but they didn't work in my particular gun, which Mr. Wakeman also recommended. The folks at Barnes helped me get the right bullet for my gun. Then I found this sight and found out that each gun is different and was told to try some other products that worked even better. ALL of the advice I have received here has worked.