HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advice from the "Pros"
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 AM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, this won't go well...

How about if you have specific questions, ask, and let's discuss...I hate seeing where guys bash others and that's where it will head...

I don't know any of those guys personally and I started with muzzleloaders back in the 70s so I was pretty well set in my ways before the internet got started...

I will say, most hunting shows, websites and magazines have gotten to where they are marketing certain products...It doesn't work for a fellow like me who bases his decisions on what he has seen or experienced in the past...

But, I guess these guys need to make a living and this is the way they choose to do so...

I've got muzzleloading magazines from the 70s and 80s with one of these guys standing beside game he took with a patched round ball and yet today he claims they aren't effective...Well, I was also hunting with a patch and ball in the 70s and still do so every year...I continue to put deer in the freezer with a flinter and patched ball...So that's where I stand...

Frankly, I'd rather ask these guys on here and make up my mind what product to try...